ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus | From Local Trials
Towards a European Knowledge Community
In order to foster transnational learning and maximize impact, ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus developed the Knowledge Community as one its central instruments. This network consisting of the funded projects, other bodies within ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus as well as external stakeholders will be managed by the Support Team.
go to link In the Knowledge Community, the stakeholders will especially focus on finding approaches and solutions to cross-cutting topics surrounding the three layer research approach affecting many of the ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus funded projects as well as external projects, experts and practitioners alike.
It is one of the central ideas underlying ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus to approach these topics collaboratively in order to achieve a maximum impact and create a cross-project, cross-border learning effect, Instead of working on these questions separately in individual projects.
Efficiently Joining Forces With Other Initiatives
click Furthermore, participants of the Knowledge Community will be linked closely to other initiatives such as the Grid Plus Storage project and enable a swift and coordinated input of the ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus projects to the Grid-Innovation-Online platform. Beyond that, the Community will include representatives to industry, policy, research and other institutions and initiatives, thereby installing a direct link between the RD&D and practitioners and decision-makers.
Support actions within the Knowledge Community foster
- the efficiency of the overall initiative as well as the individual projects,
- the synergies among the ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus internal projects as well as external projects and stakeholders,
- the compatibility of the different RD&D designs and approaches within the projects,
- the impact of the individual projects and the overall initiative and
- serve to facilitate the transfer of results and existing knowledge from ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus projects to other projects as well as from the initiative to other stakeholders.