- Expand the existing network of national/regional funding agencies by substantially increased transnational Smart Grids funding, thereby strengthening cooperation on a European level.
- Coordinate during 2015-2019 national and regional RDD budgets of more than 30 Mio € according to the implementation of the relevant European RDD agendas.
- Enable the sharing of already existing, national and regional key demo project knowledge and results and step-up the related funds already invested in Smart Grids development.
- Organise horizontal and vertical learning bottom-up from the regional and national level towards the European level.
enter What are the goals that ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus intends to achieve during 2015-2020?
- Initiate and support transnational projects on applied research, piloting and demonstration in the field of Smart Grids, taking a next step in Smart Grids development.
- Building on existing demos and aiming at pushing solutions already reaching TRL 5-6 to TRL 6-7, with the contribution of stakeholders from 21 participating countries and regions, funded via a co-funded joint call with an overall funding budget of about 40-45 Mio Euros (incl. EC co-fund).
- More transnational projects resulting from three additional calls, expanding the first co-funded joint call as well as focusing on specific topics and cross-cutting issues.
- Establishing ERA-Net SG + knowledge community that contributes to Smart Grids development, scaling-up and replication on a European level.
- source link Completion of the strong cooperation in Smart Grids development on the Pan-European level in the SET-Plan Initiative EEGI covering all levels: regional, national, transnational and European.
- Acceleration of shared Smart Grids development and implementation in Europe by much deeper knowledge exchange within and between transnational projects.
- Efficiency of the transition process by furthering the broad implementation of interoperable best practise solutions based on common knowledge and understanding.
- Convergence of the development by accelerating the establishment of standards as well as critical masses for technology and service markets.
- Strengthening of the path from electricity systems only towards holistic energy systems by considering cross energy carrier synergies for flexibility in the electricity.